The SEPT MBA in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Development is a program dedicated to conveying theoretical knowledge, application-oriented findings and practice-relevant experience with regard to the management, promotion and development of SMEs.
The International Master's Program SEPT is a research and practice oriented postgraduate program at Leipzig University, mainly sponsored by the DAAD. The aim of the Master's Program is to convey theoretical knowledge, as well as application-oriented findings and practice-relevant experience surrounding the promotion and development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The SEPT MBA is a two-year program that prepares participants for the promotion and development of SMEs and general entrepreneurship knowledge. It encompasses the global orientation necessary in today's complex world.
- Expert knowledge and specific knowledge of business development with special emphasis on the promotion of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Expert knowledge and specific knowledge of the characteristic aspects of business formation and successful management of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Knowledge of the social, legal and economic environment specific to small and medium-sized enterprises
- Ability to evaluate small and medium-sized enterprises, promotion programs and policies
- Communication and management skills
Furthermore, the study program provides the students with the specific ability to work in an interdisciplinary team and in the context of different cultures. The program is designed as an integrated whole with the clear focus of SME development in the macro and micro level.
- Understand the complex global environment in which SMEs operate
- Focus on the application of theories rather than isolated academic concepts
- Respond to new managerial problems of SMEs in the international context
- Emphasize long-term, proactive strategic planning for sustainable competitiveness
- Demonstrate competence for leadership and learning within SMEs
- Planning, realization and evaluation of business development programs and projects (in government institutions, non-government organizations, bilateral and multilateral donor organizations, etc.)
- Work in private business-oriented service companies
- Work in business-oriented education and training institutions
- Work in university faculties with appropriate training programs
- Management of small and medium-sized enterprises
- Start and manage own businesses
The SEPT MBA in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Development of Leipzig University received the full accreditation of the Hannover Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency (ZEvA), which watches over the quality and improvement of academic programs in universities. ZEvA is a member of ENQA, the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
SEPT belongs to the best Master Programs in Germany
The International SEPT MBA Program was awarded with a special distinction in the contest “Quality Label for the Top 10 International Master Study Programmes in German Universities“ of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft (Foundation for the German Sciences). The Jury wanted to award the commitment of the International SEPT Competence Center with the development of the SME Sector outside Europe, the linkages that it has achieved between the scientific and the private sector, the connections for German companies that it represents and the cosmopolitan focus of the program.