The SEPT MBA in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Development is an international program where people from all nationalities are welcome.
- Undergraduate degree with 180 ECTS (or more) or its equivalent from a reputable university
- Documentation of English proficiency*
- Minimum two years of professional experience in the area of SMEs promotion and training
- Students from India with a three-year Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply if they fulfill the following: Minimum grade: First division/class 60% and above or A = Very Good and above or a GPA from 3.00 onwards
- Chinese and Vietnamese applicants are required to submit an APS-Certificate
* English proficiency required to apply
TOEFL IBT minimum score of 78, or IELTS academic at least 6.0 overall band, or English proficiency letter if the medium of instruction in the undergraduate program was English.
- TOEFL ITP, TOEFL TOEIC, and IELTS General Training are not accepted.
- If the applicant requests the TOEFL score report sent to SEPT directly by the Educational Testing Service, it should indicate the code number 6976 when taking the test.
All applicants require to submit an online application as below.
Prepare electronic copies (PDF) of the necessary documents:
- Motivation letter of a maximum of two pages, which describes your motivation and merits for being part of the SEPT MBA program, dated and signed by you
- Curriculum-Vitae in Europass format, dated and signed by you
- Original or certified copy of a School-leaving certificate (high school diploma), giving right of entry to higher education in the home country*
- Original or certified copy of degree certificates and transcripts indicating the final grades; accompanied by an explanation of the grading system*
- Original English examination score report or an original certified copy. The score report should be no more than two years old.
- Original official letter(s) as proof of employment for at least two years from the previous and/or current employer*
- Two original letters of recommendation (at least one from your current or former employer; the other can be from the academic field)
- DAAD EPOS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM (if applying for DAAD EPOS scholarship)
- DAAD checklist completetd and signed
- In case you applied for a different scholarship, a letter of confirmation of scholarship-donor or status of the application procedure (i.e., copy of a letter of application)
* All certificates and transcripts not issued originally in German or English must be translated into either English or German by a recognized /sworn translator. The translation must be submitted original or certified copy.
For more information regarding the DAAD application, please visit: DAAD scholarship application
If your application is shortlisted, we will contact you via email and request the hard copy documents from you. In this case, the documents must be sent via postal mail to the SEPT offices.
Leipzig University, SEPT Competence Center
- All documents related to the academic background (e.g., school leaving certificate, bachelor’s degree, academic transcripts, etc.) must be submitted as original or certified copies.
- A certified copy should have an ink signature and ink stamp confirming that it is a true copy of the original. The term original certified copy means the applicant must submit the document that carries the original ink stamp and ink signature and not a photocopy or scanned printed copy of the certified copy.
- All certificates and transcripts not issued originally in German or English must be translated into either English or German by a recognized/sworn translator. The translation must be submitted either as an original or certified copy.
- Application documents cannot be returned; therefore, please refrain from sending original academic papers such as the school leaving certificate and degree certificate.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Submission of a complete and correct application is the entire responsibility of the applicant. SEPT MBA does not check prior applications.
- Hard copies would only be requested from shortlisted candidates.
For more information regarding translations and Certified copies.
Complete applications of either self-financed applicants or other scholarships must be uploaded to the webpage; by the latest:
- Self-finance: 1st January –15th March for tuition beginning in October of the same year
- DAAD Scholarship: 1st August –15th October for tuition beginning in October of the following year
Please consider that other deadlines might apply if you apply for scholarships from other sources.
If you are a scholarship candidate, do not forget to upload the DAAD form. All applications for the DAAD scholarship should be sent directly to us.
Our selection committee evaluates all the complete and eligible applicants according to the electronic copies provided by the candidates, following this general process:
1. Screening and first evaluation
2. Shortlist and interviews
3. Final selection