The SEPT Competence Center (Director Prof. Dr. Utz Dornberger) is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic visiting associate or assistant professor of international management with competence and experience in student-centered learning and high-quality research for up to six months.
The position is organizationally placed at the Competence Center for Small and Medium-sized Enterprise Promotion and Training (SEPT); a research and training center at the Faculty of Economics and Management Science. The Center is dedicated to providing theoretical insight and practical experience in the management and promotion of small and medium-sized enterprises worldwide.
The successful applicant will be engaged in our MBA Program in SME Development and Research Program in International Entrepreneurship. A guest agreement is concluded with the selected candidate in accordance with the remuneration regulations of Leipzig University. This agreement does not establish an employment relationship with the Free State of Saxony.
Additional information about the SEPT MBA Program is available at: www.sept.uni-leipzig.de
The main duties include but are not limited to teaching and supervising MBA students, providing research support to Ph.D. students, and conducting and disseminating research.
From mid-May to mid-September 2022
- A monthly expense allowance of 2600 Euros
- Free accommodation
- Travel costs (Economy Class)
The potential applicant should:
- Have a research-based Ph.D. degree
- Currently, hold the position of assistant or associate professor in the field of business management
- Have peer-reviewed papers in international journals.
Required information should include:
- A complete curriculum vitae with a list of publications
- Motivation letter (two pages maximum)
- The names and contact information for at least 2 (preferably 3) references
To apply, please send the required information to: dornberger(at)uni-leipzig.de
Submission deadline: 31 January 2022
Leipzig University is committed to maintaining a diverse faculty body and encourages applications from women and our alumni faculty candidates.