The SEPT MBA in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Development is an international program where people from all nationalities are welcome.
The ideal candidate for the SEPT MBA Program should be well qualified academically and have some business experience. The total number of full-time students accepted each year is 25. Of this number approximately 90% will be international, i.e. from outside of Germany.
- A 4-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent from a reputable university
- Documentation of English proficiency*
- Minimum two years of relevant career experience after graduation from Bachelor degree
- Excellent computer skills, at least in the use of software for word processing (e.g. MS-Word), spreadsheets (e.g. MS-Excel) and statistical analysis programs (e.g. SPSS, STATA)
- Basic knowledge of economics and/or economic issues
- Students from India with a 3 year Bachelor degree are eligible to apply if they fulfill the following requirement: Minimum grade: First division/class 60% and above or A = Very Good and above or a GPA from 3.00 onwards
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants are required to submit an APS-Certificate
* English proficiency required to apply
TOEFL ibt minimum score of 78 or IELTS academic at least 6.0 overall band or English proficiency letter if medium of instruction in undergraduate program was English. TOEFL ITP, TOEFL TOEIC and IELTS General Training are not accepted.
Note: if applicant requests the TOEFL score report to be sent to SEPT directly by the Educational Testing Service, should indicate the code number 6976 when taking the test.
All applicants require to submit an online and paper application as below.
Prepare electronic copies (PDF) of the necessary documents:
- Motivation letter of maximum 2 pages, which describes your motivation and merits for being part of SEPT MBA program
- One comprehensive Curriculum-Vitae
- One original certified copy of School-leaving certificate (high school diploma), giving right of entry to higher education in the home country
- One original certified copy of degree certificates and transcripts indicating the final grades; accompanied by an explanation of the grading system
- One original English examination score report or an original certified copy of it (IELTS academic or TOEFL ibt or Letter of English as medium of instruction at University)
- Original official letter(s) as proof of employment for at least two years from the previous and/or current employer
- Two original letters of recommendation (at least one professional)
- DAAD EPOS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM (if applying for DAAD EPOS scholarship)
- Letter of confirmation of scholarship-donor IF applicable or status of application procedure (i.e. copy of a letter of application)
Please send your complete application documents in one PDF file email to sept(at)uni-leipzig.de
If your application is shortlisted, we will contact you via email and request the hard copy documents from you. Only in this case, the documents must be sent via post mail to the SEPT offices.
- All documents related to academic background (e.g. school leaving certificate, bachelor degree, academic transcripts, etc.) must be submitted as original certified copies.
- A certified copy should have an ink signature and ink stamp confirming that it is a true copy of the original. The term original certified copy means the applicant must submit the document that carries the original ink stamp and ink signature and not a photocopy or scanned printed copy of the certified copy.
- All certificates and transcripts not issued originally in German or English must be translated into either English or German by a recognized/sworn translator. The translation must be submitted either as original or as an original certified copy.
- Application documents cannot be returned, therefore please refrain from sending original academic documents such as school leaving certificate and degree certificate.
- After your written application has been submitted and reviewed, you may be contacted for further information or interview.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
- Submission of a complete and correct application is entire responsibility of the applicant.
- Please be aware that an automatic confirmation of receipt of the application will not be given.
Completed applications of either self-financed applicants or other scholarships besides DAAD EPOS must be sent to sept(at)uni-leipzig.de office by latest:
- Self-finance: 15th March for tuition beginning in October of the same year
DAAD Scholarship: 1st October for tuition beginning in October of the following year
Please take into account that if you are applying to scholarships from other sources, other deadlines might apply.
All applications will receive an application confirmation email between 1-15 November. Therefore, please contact us for the confirmation only after the date.
- Screening: Disqualifying the applications that failed to submit correct application.
- Evaluation: Evaluation and grading of all eligible applications.
- Shortlist: Compiling a shortlist of top grading applications. At the end of January, all application will receive an email about the result from SEPT.
- Final selection: Scholarship recipients are selected, thus an offer letter will be sent to selected application individually.
Please send your documents by mail to the following address:
Leipzig University, International SEPT Competence Center