The Master's degree programme comprises four semesters (two years) and ends with the degree Master of Science. The entry requirement is a vocational university degree. The Master's degree continues the management science training in the fields of management science, economics, business information systems and business education and management training and builds on the design of qualification and educational processes. More information about the contents of the degree programme, the course of studies and how to apply for this programme can be found on the following page.
Master of Science in Business Education and Management Training
Building on a Bachelor's degree in business education and management training, this degree programme imparts advanced skills and knowledge in business education.
The degree prepares students for jobs in public administration, education research, education policy, the school system and in-company training and further education.
A pedagogical internship is as much a part of the study programme as the acquisition of technical competences in the field of e-learning and the professional qualification in one of the following areas: Management Science, Chemistry, German, German as a Foreign Language, English, Protestant Religion, French, History, Computer Science, Mathematics, Russian or Spanish.
The Master's degree programme in Business Education and Management Training is modularised and follows a clear structure. On the one hand, it consists of the business education part with a total of 20 credit points and the Master's thesis, on the other hand, the second subject area with a total of 60 credit points as well as a 20 credit point freely elective area, in which any Master's modules of the University of Leipzig can be studied or which can be used for a semester abroad. The recommended study schedule can be downloaded here.
- Bachelor's degree with the following contents:
- Business and economic contents of at least 70 credit points (CP)
- Business education and management training focus with a scope of at least 30 CP (of which at least 10 CP are in teaching methodology and at least 20 CP in educational sciences)
- Practical school studies of at least 15 CP, which were accompanied by the educational sciences (of which at least 1 is for the duration of a semester and 1 is block internship)
- a second subject area Management Science, Chemistry, German, German as a Foreign Language, English, Protestant Religion, French, History, Computer Science, Mathematics, Russian or Spanish) accounting for 30 CP.
- Proof of participation in a university course in speech training of at least 2 CP with a speech scientist or speech teacher (Diplom, Magister, Master DGSS); this proof must be confirmed by the Centre for Teacher Training and School Research of Leipzig University (Department of Speech Science)
- General language skills: English B2, German C1
- specific language skills depending on the chosen field of study: French B2, Spanish A2 or Russian B1
It is possible to make up for individual missing training content to a limited extent. If you have any questions about this, please contact the Student Advisory Service for Business Education and Management Training.
Please refer to the Application section for the relevant application deadlines.