Welcome to your studies at the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences. On this page you will find important information about the start of your studies. We look forward to welcoming you personally to our faculty from the end of September/beginning of October!
In a few weeks, your studies at the Faculty of Economic Sciences will begin, and we would like to extend a warm welcome to you.
The Student Council of the Faculty of Business and Economics - the students' representative body - has put together an extensive programme during the introductory week (the so-called orientation phase or O-phase for short) to make it easier for you to start your studies:
- Monday, 27.09.2021: digital welcome event for all degree programmes
- Tuesday, 28.09.2021: Welcome events (in small groups) for the M. Sc. Management Science programme
- Wednesday, 29.09.2021: Welcome events (in small groups) for the degree programmes M. Sc. Management Science (focus: Corporate Accounting, Financing and Taxation), M. Sc. Economics, M. Sc. Information Systems and M. Sc. Business Education and Management Training
- Monday, 04.10.2021: Attendance Welcome Events (in small groups) for the degree programmes B. Sc. Information Systems and B. Sc. Business Education and Management Training
- Tuesday, 05.10.2021 and Wednesday, 06.10.2021: Attendance Welcome Courses (in small groups) for the study programme B. Sc. Economics and Management Science
The welcome events include a welcome by the student representatives, a presentation of the study programme, tips and tricks for starting your studies, a guided tour of the campus and a supervised module registration. It's worth stopping by :-)
You will receive information about the group assignments and access to the digital welcome event by e-mail to your student e-mail address from mid-September 2021.
If you have any questions or problems with your university login, you are very welcome to contact the service desk of the University Computer Centre. You can find important information here.
Preparatory course in mathematics for Bachelor students of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
Sound mathematical knowledge is required in all areas of business. Mathematics is an indispensable part of your studies at the Faculty of Economic Sciences at the University of Leipzig and thus an important basic subject.
Already at the beginning of your studies, you have to face this requirement as a first-year student of economics. Do you want to refresh your upper-secondary school knowledge in mathematics or close gaps in your knowledge in time? Then taking the preparatory course is the right thing for you.
The preparatory course serves to refresh the elementary basics of mathematics. It is intended to make it easier for you to start studying economics and to work towards successful participation in the module "Mathematics for economists". The lessons offered support you in closing gaps in your knowledge. Participation in the preparatory course is voluntary.
The preparatory course Mathematics of the Faculty of Economic Sciences is offered in digital form "on demand". Bachelor students of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences will receive the access information by e-mail to their student e-mail address in mid-September.